Here are some important facts you need to know about them switching from one AARP Medicare Supplement plan to another AARP Medicare Supplement plan with an effective date of July 1, 2017 and later.
- Current members with plan effective dates between June 1, 2010 and June 1, 2017
- Members in this range looking to change from say a Plan F to Plan G, will ignore the rates laid out in the enrollment kit. To get your member an accurate rate, you will need to refer to the plan change rate charts, which you can find here. Also, for these members their current 10-year enrollment discount structure will be applied to their new plan.
- Current members with plan effective dates before June 1, 2010
- Members with plans effective before this date looking to change from say a Plan F to Plan G will require a new application to be submitted. You will treat these just like a new sale, meaning underwriting and rating rules will apply.
- New members looking to get a plan with an effective date of July 1, 2017 or later
- You will use the new July 1, 2017 enrollment kit and rate pages. Again, underwriting rules will apply and obviously, a new application must be submitted. Once accepted, these new members will receive the new Enrollment Discount.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to call us at (800)723-5228.